WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are generated in the user’s computer and that allow us to understand the frequency of your visits, the content you select the most, and the security elements that may intervene in controlling access to restricted areas, as well as the advertisements you view that are based on criteria predefined by MAPFRE and are activated by cookies sent by said company or by third parties that provide these services on behalf of MAPFRE.
In general terms, the following types of cookies exist:
Based on their expiration date:
- Session: Expire at the end of the session.
- Persistent: Do not expire at the end of the session.
Based on their source:
- Own: Enabled by the website the user is browsing.
- Third-party: Originating from other websites.
Based on their purpose:
- Technical: They allow browsing and the use of different services. o Personalization: They allow access to the service with predefined characteristics.
- Analysis: They allow monitoring and analysis of user behavior.
- Advertising: They allow the management of advertising spaces. o Behavioral Advertising: They allow the management of advertising spaces. They store information about user behavior.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES?
On this website, the following types of cookies are used for the following purposes:
1. Cookies Analytics:
These cookies are used to collect user activity statistics. They analyze the number of users visiting the website, the number of pages visited, as well as the activity of users on the website and how frequently they use it, among other things.
The information gathered is always anonymous, so it is not possible to establish a link between the information and the individual it concerns.
2. Authentication Cookies:
These cookies are used to maintain the user’s session during each visit, predominantly in private sections of the website that require a username and password for access.
3. Social Network Cookies:
These cookies allow the user to share interesting content with their contacts on social networks by clicking on the corresponding plug-in button embedded in the website.
Plug-ins store and access cookies on the user’s terminal and allow the social media site to identify its users when they click on the plug-ins.
4. Cookies used by external content plug-ins:
These are necessary to provide a specific kind of service and they are stored by third parties.
This category of cookies includes media player cookies used to store technical data for the streaming of video and audio content, such as image quality, load parameters, etc.
5. Third-party cookies for the personalization of advertising spaces
These allow you to manage the user advertising space that the users view when accessing the website and are stored by third parties.
WHO ACCESSES THE INFORMATION FROM COOKIES?
The information stored in own cookies is used exclusively by MAPFRE.
CAN COOKIES BE DEACTIVATED?
However, if the user subsequently wishes to delete the cookies that have been stored on their computer and that require consent, they may do so using the tools provided by their browser for these purposes. In this context, depending on the browser used, the following links describe the procedure for deactivating cookies:
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los- sitios-we
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete- manage-cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/8.54/es-ES/cookies.html#privacy-cookie
If the user does not accept cookies or subsequently rejects them, the functionality of the website may be affected.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THE COOKIES POLICY
MAPFRE and the group’s companies may amend this Cookies Policy to comply with legislative or regulatory requirements, or to bring it into line with the instructions and recommendations issued by the regulators. We therefore recommend that you periodically review the Cookies Policy.